Holiday Quiche Lorraine
Our friends at GoodCook shared this recipe for a holiday-ready version of the classic quiche! This festive Holiday Quiche Lorraine is perfect for your weekend brunch menu or as a hearty holiday breakfast for guests. Creamy egg custard is blended with ham, veggies, and three kinds of cheese and baked to perfection in a buttery pre-made pie crust.
- 1 prepared pie crust round
- 6 eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup diced ham
- 2 cups baby spinach, chopped
- 1/4 cup fresh basil, chopped
- 3/4 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 cup fresh grated parmesan
- 1/2 cup grated swiss cheese
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 cup halved cherry tomatoes
- Fresh ground pepper
- Heat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Press pie crust into a deep-dish pie pan, crimp the edges.
- Use a fork to pierce the bottom of the crust several times, bake for 10 minutes.
- In a large bowl, whisk together eggs, salt, ham, spinach, basil, cream, parmesan, and swiss cheese. Pour into pie crust.
- Dollop tablespoons of ricotta around the pie. Top with tomatoes.
- Bake for 50-55 minutes. If the crust begins to brown, cover gently with tin foil and bake until the center of the quiche sets.
- Allow cooling before slicing and serving.