This recipe comes to us from our friends at Edible Pioneer Valley, where they note that heating the herbs in the olive oil extends their flavor. If you need to make this dish even quicker, you can skip that step and drizzle the oil on the fish and sprinkle evenly with herbs, but the flavor won’t be as intense.
- Preheat oven to 450°. Line a baking sheet with foil or parchment, if desired (parchment will blacken but will be OK in your oven).
- Heat the oil and herbs in a small skillet over medium-low heat for 5 minutes. Remove from heat and let cool slightly.
- Toss the potato and lemon slices with a splash of the oil and a little salt and pepper. Spread the slices in a thin, even layer on the baking sheet. Put in the oven and roast for about 10 minutes, until potatoes start to soften.
- Remove baking sheet from oven and carefully lay the fish fillet or fillets on top of the potatoes, and spoon a little of the oil over the fish to moisten it.
- Season fish with salt and pepper and return to oven. Bake for 10 minutes per inch of thickness, or until the fish is cooked to your liking.