Harvest Popcorn Balls
We’ve added dried cranberries and pumpkin seeds to this iconic sweet treat, which boosts the flavor and the nutrients for a “better-for-you” popcorn ball. You can substitute any dried fruits and seeds or nuts that you’d prefer; try different combinations to find the mix that your family likes best!
8 cups popped popcorn, no butter or salt added
2 cups miniature marshmallows
1/4 cup unsalted butter
1/2 tsp. cinnamon
2/3 cup roasted salted pumpkin seeds (also called pepitas)
1 cup dried cranberries
1. Combine the butter and marshmallows in a small saucepan. Cook and stir until melted.
2. Add the cinnamon to the marshmallow mixture, stir, and allow to cook for 1 additional minute.
3. In a large bowl, combine the popcorn, pumpkin seeds, and cranberries.
4. Pour the marshmallow mixture over the popcorn mix and stir carefully, until everything is evenly coated.
5. Using slightly wet hands (to prevent sticking), form the mixture into balls about the size of a baseball, pressing firmly to compact the ingredients so they’ll hold their shape. You should get about 12 popcorn balls.
6. Set the popcorn balls on a sheet pan to dry for 30 minutes.