Did you know that GORP stands for “Good Old Raisins and Peanuts”?
This nutritious, homemade trail-mix consists of raisins, peanuts, cereal, pretzels and chocolate chips. Just don’t each the whole bowl at once! To keep it at 190 calories, buy the low-salt or no-salt versions of these ingredients, and limit your serving to 1/2 cup. It’s fun to put half-cup servings in small baggies so you can limit the portions.
This recipe was provided by Chef Robin.
- 1/2 cup raisins
- 1 cup unsalted peanuts
- 1 cup tiny unsalted pretzels
- 1 1/2 cup whole wheat cereal
- 1/2 cup chocolate chips
- 1/2 cup of your favorite dried fruit (apricot, cranberry, etc.)
- Mix all the ingredients together in a big bowl.
- Store in an airtight container, or measure out 1/2 cup servings into baggies.