This eggnog cake recipe was provided by cooking instructor Christine Wansleben. Christine’s late Uncle Mike created it, and the cake is part of family tradition now. Christine says everyone in the family makes one to keep and one to pass along. They include the recipe with each gifted eggnog cake, and challenge the recipient to keep the tradition going!
Please note: This recipe begins with a boxed cake mix. Christine’s family recipe calls for a specific brand, Betty Crocker, but while we haven’t tested results with a wide variety of brands, we are not recommending a particular choice here. Feel free to do your own tests with different mixes to find what works for you.
- 1 box golden yellow or butter cake mix
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 2 tablespoons spiced dark rum (can be omitted if necessary)
- pinch of fresh ground nutmeg
- 1 1/2 cups eggnog
- 1/2 stick unsalted butter, melted
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Lightly grease and flour a Bundt pan (or use cooking spray with flour).
- Combine all ingredients and beat for 4 minutes, until smooth.
- Pour the batter into the prepared pan and bake at 350 for 45-55 minutes. The cake is done when the top is golden and a toothpick inserted comes out clean.