Easy Turkey Skillet Dinner
This recipe is originally from Arizona WIC and appears on Eat Well, Be Well.
- Non-stick cooking spray
- ¾ pound lean ground turkey
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 3 tomatoes, chopped
- 3 Tablespoons tomato paste
- 1 teaspoon each dried basil, oregano, and garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 medium zucchini, sliced
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Spray nonstick cooking spray in a large skillet.
- Brown turkey and onion over medium heat until turkey is cooked through and onion is soft, about 10 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, tomato paste, and seasoning. Simmer over medium heat for 10 minutes.
- Add zucchini and cook for 5 minutes more. Serve while hot.