This lasagna is a staff favorite for our Community Dinner Series because it’s so easy to make for a crowd! You can make a really basic dish by skipping the garlic, spinach and fresh basil or go the whole nine yards. Lasagna is a good meal to make ahead and freeze for a busy night when you’re strapped for time.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees.
- Combine ricotta, eggs, Parmesan cheese, and a 1/2 cup of mozzarella in a bowl.
- Mix in salt and pepper and, if you’re using them, basil and garlic.
- Spread about 1 cup of tomato sauce at the bottom of a 13×9″ pan.
- Arrange a layer of lasagna noodles on top of the sauce (probably 4 will cover the pan–it’s ok if they overlap).
- Next, layer 1/3 of the ricotta cheese mixture, 1/3 of the spinach (if using), 1 cup of mozzarella cheese. Then layer about 1 cup of sauce on top.
- Repeat layers in this order (noodles, ricotta mix, spinach, mozzarella, sauce) twice more.
- For your top layer, use noodles, then top with remaining sauce and remaining mozzarella.
- Bake covered with aluminum foil for 40-50 minutes. Remove foil and bake 5 minutes longer to brown the cheese on top.
- Let stand for 5 minutes. Serve. Enjoy!