This recipe is from the Arizona Nutrition Network and appears on Eat Well, Be Well.
- 2 cups pico de gallo
- ½ cup cooked, finely chopped chicken
- ½ cup no salt added canned corn or frozen corn, thawed
- ¼ cup chopped green onion
- ¼ chopped green bell pepper
- ½ cup shredded low sodium Cheddar or Monterey Jack cheese
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 teaspoons vegetable oil
- Wash hands thoroughly with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Heat oven to 425° F. In a medium bowl, combine 1 cup pico de gallo, chicken, corn, green onion, bell pepper, and cheese.
- Soften tortillas on the stovetop or in the microwave oven, and spoon a heaping tablespoon of filling onto the center of each tortilla. Roll up tightly and secure each with a toothpick.
- Place rolled tortillas seam side down on a baking sheet and brush each lightly with oil. Bake for 10 to 15 minutes or until crisp and lightly browned.
- Place 3 taquitos on each plate and serve with remaining pico de gallo.