Our friends at Recipe for Success shared this eggplant dish with us as part of their Veg Out! Challenge. It’s a simple take on the classic eggplant parmigiana, made lighter by baking and reducing the amounts of cheese and oil that would usually go into the original dish. The bread crumb coating makes the eggplant crispy and appealing for even selective eaters!
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Pour the oil onto a baking sheet.
- Combine the eggs and milk in a medium bowl.
- Slice the eggplants into ¼-inch thick rounds. Dip the rounds into the egg mixture, then coat each side with bread crumbs.
- Place the coated rounds on the baking sheet and turn so both sides are coated with the oil.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes on each side, or until the bread crumbs are golden.
- Remove to a serving platter. Top each round with a small dollop of the tomato sauce, then a sprinkle of cheese, and finally a pinch of herbs.