Stuffing might be my favorite part of Thanksgiving dinner. With two vegetarians in her household, my mom always serves this delicious vegetarian cornbread stuffing as part of the meal. I’ve made it myself at my own Thanksgiving dinners and it’s always a hit. You may want to make extra, since this stuffing is just as delicious as a leftover!
Just be sure to make the cornbread a day or two early, since you want it to be nice and dried out so it’ll crumble.
This recipe was contributed by FDP team member Grace Taylor(‘s mom).
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees.
- Saute celery and onion in butter until tender.
- Combine cornbread, stuffing mix, sage and Italian seasoning in a large bowl.
- Add celery mixture, egg and broth.
- Mix thoroughly.
- Place all in a 13×9″ baking or casserole dish and bake for 25 minutes.