To make this dish easier to put together, use leftover cooked chicken or rotisserie chicken from the supermarket.
- 4 pita breads
- 1 tsp. dried oregano
- 1/4 tsp. freshly ground black pepper
- 1 Tbsp. fresh lemon juice
- 1/4 cup extra-virgin olive oil, plus oil for sautéing the chicken
- 4 boneless, skinless chicken breasts, cut into pieces
- 1/2 cup plain yogurt
- 1 small cucumber, diced
- 1 1/2 Tbsp. minced fresh dill
- Heat oven to 200 degrees F. Wrap the bread in foil and place in oven.
- In a large bowl, combine the oregano, thyme, pepper and lemon juice. Slowly add the oil in a steady stream, whisking constantly until incorporated.
- Pour the vinaigrette over the chicken and let marinate for 10 minutes at room temperature.
- Heat a large skillet over medium-high heat and fill it with a little more olive oil. Transfer the chicken but not the liquid to the skillet and heat, turning occasionally, until cooked through, about 5 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the yogurt, cucumber and dill. Spread the bread with some of the yogurt sauce and top with the chicken.