Chicken Salad with Cranberries
This recipe is so simple that your junior chef can get involved in measuring and mixing any of the ingredients once the chicken is cooked and diced. Or, have your chefs try their hands at arranging plates.
This recipe comes to us from the USDA Food and Nutrition Service’s Creative Recipes for Less Familiar USDA Commodities Used by Household Programs. Check out more recipes here.
- 1.5 cups (12 oz.) chicken, cooked and diced
- 1/2 cup vinaigrette dressing
- 1 cup dried cranberries or cherries
- 2 Tbsp. sliced almonds
- 1 head of lettuce, chopped
- Optional: chopped apple or grated carrots, to taste
- Cook and dice the chicken.
- Toss chicken, cranberries and almonds with dressing.
- Serve on a mound of chopped lettuce.
- Optional additional ingredients: chopped apple or grated carrots.