Cheesy Basil Garlic Bread
We featured this Cheesy Basil Garlic Bread recipe in our book Eat, Laugh, Talk: The Family Dinner Playbook. It serves a big crowd, so if you’re not expecting guests, you can wrap one half of the assembled, unbaked bread securely and freeze for another night.
- 1 long loaf French or Italian bread
- 12 tablespoons unsalted butter, softened
- 4 cloves garlic
- 1 ½ teaspoons salt
- 1 cup loosely packed fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella cheese
- Preheat oven to 375 degrees.
- Cut bread in half lengthwise and set aside.
- In a food processor, combine butter, garlic and salt. Blend until creamy.
- Add basil and cheeses to the food processor and pulse just until evenly combined.
- Generously spread the butter mixture on the cut sides of the bread. Place the bread, butter side up, on a large rimmed baking sheet.
- Bake at 375 for 15 minutes until the bread is crunchy and the butter mixture is melted and bubbly. Cut each half into slices and serve hot.