Blintzes are thin pancakes rolled around various sweet fillings. This recipe comes from my dad, who grew up eating these in Eastern Europe and Israel.
- Beat together all the blintz ingredients and let the batter rest for at least a half hour.
- Heat a small skillet with butter. Pour about 1/4 cup batter into the pan and swirl it around, removing excess. Avoid browning.
- Flip and cook the other side for a few seconds. Then turn blintz out onto a towel. Repeat with with remaining batter and pats of butter.
- Mix all the filling ingredients together in a large bowl.
- To assemble, place 1 blintz on a work surface and place 1 tbsp filling on top. Fold envelope style and roll up.
- Continue with remaining blintzes and filling.
- Fry filled blintzes in butter until golden. Serve with fruit toppings and/or sour cream.