Broccoli Cheese Strata
Make the most of leftover bits of bread, cheese, and vegetables in a filling strata that’s perfect for dinner, breakfast or brunch.
- 4 cups diced bread, any variety
- 1 cup finely chopped broccoli florets
- 1/2 cup diced red or orange bell pepper
- 3 tablespoons diced onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar or swiss cheese
- 6 large eggs
- 2 cups milk
- 1/2 tsp. salt
- 1/4 tsp. pepper
1. Preheat oven to 400 degrees. Lightly butter an 8×8 inch square baking dish.
2. Combine the diced bread, broccoli, peppers and onions in the prepared baking dish, tossing to distribute evenly.
3. In a medium bowl, whisk together eggs, milk, cheese, salt, and pepper until well mixed. Pour evenly over the bread mixture.
4. Bake the strata at 400 degrees for 30-40 minutes, until golden brown and puffed, and a tester inserted into the center comes out clean.