Black beans are a great source of vegetarian protein. This easy soup can be served with a dollop of sour cream and your favorite guacamole and tortilla chips. Use a food processor to create a thick texture.
This recipe was provided by Ramona Hamblin. Check out more of her recipes in her cookbook: just cook here’s how.
- Heat the oil and sauté the onion until translucent.
- Add chili powder and cumin and cook for another 2 minutes.
- Add beans water, salsa and salt and simmer for about 10 minutes.
- Puree everything in a food processor
- Serve warm with yogurt or sour cream.