Balsamic Strawberry Parfaits
Yogurt and berries get a little more exciting when you make them into balsamic strawberry parfaits! Dial back the amount of vinegar for kids with sensitive palates, or add a sprinkle of black pepper or fresh mint for more adventurous family members.
- 1 pound strawberries, hulled and sliced
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 1/4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 32 oz. vanilla yogurt (use plain if you prefer a more tart parfait)
- Combine the strawberries, honey and balsamic vinegar in a large bowl and stir well.
- Let the berry mixture sit for at least 30 minutes, but no more than 3 hours (the strawberries will get mushy if left too long).
- To assemble parfaits, spoon a layer of yogurt into the bottom of each of 4 glasses. Add a scoop of strawberries, then top with more yogurt and a final spoonful of strawberries with their juices.