Angel Food Cake with Lime Drizzle
This is a citrus twist on a summer favorite. Add a dollop of whipped cream and you’ve got a truly decadent dessert on your hands!
- 1/4 cup fresh lime juice (about 2 limes), plus 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 store-bought angel food cake
- 3 cups chopped fruit (try any combination of strawberries, mango, blueberries, pineapple and/or oranges)
- Combine the lime juice, sugar, and ¼ cup water in a small saucepan. Bring to a boil and cook until the sugar dissolves.
- Transfer to a bowl and refrigerate until cooled.
- Serve slices of cake topped with fruit and a few spoonfuls of the cooled lime syrup.