Trident Tri-Tip with Coronado Sauteed Mushrooms
- 2 1/2 pounds tri-tip roast
- 3 tablespoons olive oil or butter
- 1½ teaspoons garlic salt
- 1½ tablespoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 teaspoon onion powder
- 2 teaspoons minced garlic
- 1 teaspoons oregano
- 1 teaspoon rosemary
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon liquid smoke (optional)
- 8 ounces Baby Bella Mushrooms, sliced
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- ½ teaspoon of salt
- 4 tablespoons olive oil or salted butter
- pepper to taste
- Mix together all spices with the olive oil and rub over the roast. Allow to marinate in the refrigerator for 1 hour to 2 days.
- Preheat the oven to 400°F.
- Remove the roast from the refrigerator, and sear the roast in olive oil or butter in a large frying pan. You want both sides of the roast to have a golden brown crisp.
- Move to a baking sheet and place it in the oven for approximately 20-30 minutes. Aim for 10 minutes per pound of roast.
- In a separate frying pan, melt the 4 tablespoons of salted butter.
- Add the sliced mushrooms, onion, and salt to the melted butter.
- Sauté over medium-high heat for 7-10 minutes.
- Remove the tri-tip from the oven. Dribble the juice left from the oven pan over the tri-tip after cutting. Top with sautéed mushrooms and serve.