Quinoa and Black Bean Bowls
- 1 cup cooked quinoa, chilled (cooked sorghum is another delicious, healthy grain that can be used in this bowl)
- 1/2 cup black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1/2 – 1 cup fresh seasonal vegetables (e.g. chopped tomatoes, peppers, broccoli or cauliflower florets, squash, onions, garlic, etc.)
- 2 tbsp fresh parsley, chopped
- 1/4 avocado, cut into chunks
- Juice of 1/2 fresh lemon
- 1 tsp. olive oil
- Seasonings as desired (e.g. basil, oregano, dash of cayenne or hot sauce, etc.)
- Mix all ingredients.
- Toss or cover and shake to mix.
- Chill for at least one hour to blend flavors.