5 Minute Easy Egg Fried Rice
- 3 tablespoons cooking oil
- 4 eggs, beaten with pinch of salt
- 4 cups cold cooked jasmine rice (you can use other types of cooked rice in a pinch)
- 2 tablespoons soy sauce
- pinch of salt
- 4 green onions, sliced
- Sesame seeds (optional, for garnish)
- Heat a wok or a skillet over high heat; add 1 tablespoon cooking oil and swirl to coat. Pour beaten eggs into the wok and scramble.
- When the eggs are cooked 3/4 way, add remaining 2 tablespoons cooking oil and cold jasmine rice. Break down rice and mix it with the eggs.
- Add soy sauce around the edge of the wok, so it will burn slightly for the smoky umami flavor. Add salt to your taste and mix everything well. Reduce heat to low if you need to.
- Turn off the heat, stir in green onions. Garnish with sesame seeds if you’d like to! You can also add more soy sauce or sriracha to adjust this rice to your taste.