City Slickers Cozy Chowder
- 2 stalks of celery, diced
- 1 yellow onion, diced
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 6 potatoes, diced
- 5 cups chicken broth
- 2 (7-ounce) cans minced clam
- 1 (8-ounce) bottle of clam juice (may substitute with milk or broth)
- 3 teaspoons salt
- pepper to taste
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1 cup milk
- 4-6 tablespoons cornstarch
- 4 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon chopped parsley (optional)
- Sauté celery and onion in a pan with butter.
- Add potatoes and chicken broth.
- Boil potatoes until tender, about 20 minutes.
- Add clams, clam juice, salt, pepper, heavy cream, and milk.
- To thicken chowder, remove ½ cup of the broth from the pan, and mix in cornstarch, 2 tablespoons at a time.
- Once the cornstarch is mixed in the broth, stir it into the soup and let simmer to thicken. Repeat until you reach desired consistency.
- Drizzle with lemon juice and garnish with parsley.