Build Your Own Baked Nachos
- 1 bag (about 12 oz) tortilla chips of your choosing
- 4 green onions, diced
- 2 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 medium bell pepper of any color, diced
- Additional toppings of your choice: Cooked diced or shredded chicken, pulled pork, taco meat, black beans, refried beans, corn kernels, jalapenos…you’re only limited by your imagination!
- 8 ounces shredded Cheddar Jack cheese
- 1/3 cup chopped cilantro
- 2 cups shredded romaine or iceberg lettuce
- 2 avocados, diced
- Salsa and sour cream, for serving
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- Spread out tortilla chips in an even layer on a rimmed baking sheet.
- Top the chips with the sliced green onions, diced tomatoes, peppers, and any other vegetables, meat or beans you’ve chosen.
- Finish assembling the nachos by adding an even layer of shredded cheese over the top. Bake the nachos at 400 degrees for about 10-15 minutes, until the cheese is melted and the chips are extra crispy around the edges.
- Top the baked nachos with the chopped cilantro, shredded lettuce and avocado before serving. Provide salsa or sour cream on the side for dipping!