Dinner Tonight: September 27, 2018
Morgan's Turkey Lasagna
This recipe comes to us from our friend Sarah Smiley, who once served it to a state senator at her family dinner table! The original recipe was printed in Parade magazine. Sarah calls for jarred spaghetti sauce, but you can use whatever brand or recipe you like best — or try our Simple Tomato Sauce recipe. Also, since this lasagna calls for cooked ground turkey, it’s a great way to use up holiday leftovers; simply substitute diced or shredded cooked turkey from your holiday meal.
1 package oven-ready lasagna noodles
1 lb ground turkey, cooked and drained
¼ cup ricotta cheese
1 (16-oz) tub cottage cheese
2 cups mozzarella cheese
½ cup grated parmesan cheese, divided
2 eggs, slightly beaten
1 tsp dried basil
1 (26-oz) jar spaghetti sauce
1 cup water
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- In medium bowl, combine ricotta cheese, cottage cheese, 1 cup mozarella cheese, parmesan cheese, eggs, and basil. Mix well.
- In a separate medium bowl, combine spaghetti sauce, 1 cup water, cooked turkey.
- Spread 1 ½ cups of the meat sauce into the bottom of a 9-by-13-inch pan. Top with 4 sheets of lasagna. Spread half of the cheese mixture on top of lasagna. Top with ⅓ of meat sauce. Repeat these layers once, ending with 4 sheets of lasagna with a layer of meat sauce on top.
- Sprinkle remaining 1 cup of mozzarella sauce on top. Wrap pan tightly with aluminum foil.
- Bake for 60 minutes. Let stand for 10 minutes before removing foil, cutting, and serving.