Dinner Tonight: October 29, 2020
Nothing feels more like home than a great old-fashioned meatloaf. Serve this one with mashed potatoes and a side salad and you’ve got yourself a real meal.
This recipe was provided by Ramona Hamblin. Check out more of her recipes in her cookbook: just cook here’s how.
- 2 lbs. ground beef
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 small green pepper or roasted red pepper
- 2 medium carrots, peeled
- 2 slices bread, torn into pieces
- 1 egg
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1/2 cup ketchup
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees.
- Finely chop the carrots and microwave until tender.
- Put all ingredients but the ketchup into a bowl and knead until mixed.
- Form into a loaf and put into a baking dish.
- Drizzle the ketchup over the top.
- Bake for about 90 minutes or until a meat thermometer reads 160 degrees.