Dinner Tonight: October 17, 2017
Turkey Taco Burgers
This fun twist on burger night can be customized to suit every eater. Use a mild cheese, such as American, if pepper jack is too spicy; add hot sauce or salsa if it’s not spicy enough! Pile on the avocado or leave it off, add tomatoes and lettuce (or don’t), or try mixing things up with toppings like black olives, pickled jalapenos, or sour cream.
- 1 lb. ground turkey
- 3/4 tsp. chili powder
- 1/2 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp. salt, plus a pinch more for the avocado
- 1/4 tsp. cumin
- 4 slices pepper jack cheese
- 1 ripe avocado
- 1/2 tsp. lemon juice
- Sliced tomato
- Lettuce leaves
- Kaiser or bulkie rolls
- Preheat a grill on medium heat.
- In a medium bowl, mix together the chili powder, garlic powder, salt, and cumin. Add the turkey and mix well, until thoroughly combined.
- Shape the turkey mixture into 4 patties. Grill the patties for 5-7 minutes per side, until cooked completely through.
- Add a slice of cheese to each patty 2 minutes before removing from the grill, and allow the cheese to melt while the burgers finish cooking.
- Mash the avocado in a small bowl. Add a sprinkle of salt and lemon juice and stir well.
- Spread the avocado mixture on the buns. Add a burger patty to each and top with lettuce and tomato.