Dinner Tonight: November 12, 2021
"Yoga Night" Skillet Eggs and Vegetables
Our Executive Director, Dr. Anne Fishel, shares this recipe for what she jokingly refers to as her “yoga night dinner.” “It’s the recipe I make when I finish work at 6 and need to be back out the door half an hour later,” she says. Serve these skillet eggs and vegetables with some crusty bread on the side and dinner’s done!
- 2 tablespoons of olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2-3 cups of raw vegetables, cut into chunks. Use what you have on hand: peppers, halved cherry tomatoes, asparagus, kale, mushrooms, cauliflower….
- 8 eggs
- 1/3 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Saute the onion in olive oil until translucent.
- Add the other vegetables and cook until they soften. Season with salt and pepper.
- Crack the eggs one at a time on top of the vegetable mixture, arranging so each has a
little room around it.
- Sprinkle the parmesan cheese on top. Put the whole saucepan in the oven and bake for about 5 minutes (less if you like your yolks runny, and more if you want them totally firm).
- Serve immediately, with crusty bread.