Dinner Tonight: November 10, 2016
Parmesan-Crusted Chicken Tenders
Time and again, we hear the same thing: “All my kid eats are chicken nuggets!”
Well, if you can’t beat ’em, join ’em! Our friends at Hy-Vee supermarket wrote up this fantastic recipe for homemade chicken tenders. With only 293 calories per serving, this is comfort food you can feel good about.
This recipe and the accompanying photo comes from the Hy-Vee dietitian team and originally appeared on their website. Check out Hy-Vee’s website for more recipes and information.
- Canola or olive oil cooking spray
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 large eggs
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese, finely shredded
- 1 cup Panko whole-wheat bread crumbs
- 1 lb. fresh chicken tenders
- 1 Tbsp. Italian seasoning
- 1 tsp. garlic powder
- 1/4 tsp. salt
- 1 cup marinara sauce, heated
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees.
- Place a wire rack on a large baking sheet and coat with cooking spray.
- Place flour in a shallow dish. Lightly beat eggs in another shallow dish. Combine Parmesan and breadcrumbs in a third shallow dish.
- Toss tenders with Italian seasoning, garlic powder and salt in a medium bowl. Coat each tender in flour, shaking off any excess. Dip in egg and let any excess drip off. Then roll in the breadcrumb mixture. Place the tenders on the prepared rack. Generously coat the top of each tender with cooking spray.
- Bake for 10 minutes. Turn each tender over and coat with cooking spray. Continue baking until the outside is crisp and tenders are cooked through, about 10 minutes more. Serve the tenders with marinara sauce for dipping.