Dinner Tonight: May 29, 2019
Tano's Steak Tips
This steak tip recipe is a favorite in the home of our Executive Director, Lynn Barendsen. Her elder son, Tano, nominated it as his favorite back-to-school family dinner. The rub originated from a Mario Batali recipe, and the Barendsen-Rossi family uses it on both beef and lamb for easy meals.
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh rosemary
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh sage
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh thyme leaves
- 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons freshly ground black pepper
- 2 lbs. steak tips (about 1 inch thick)
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- In a small bowl, mix all herbs, salt and pepper until combined.
- Pat steak tips dry and coat with the rub.
- Brush gently with olive oil.
- Place on a preheated grill (or in a cast-iron skillet) and cook for about 5 minutes per side (for steak tips about 1 inch thick; for thicker meat, add a minute or two; for thinner meat, decrease the time) for medium-rare meat.