This creamy, crunchy salad is a refreshing spin on a family favorite. All the classic flavors of a cheeseburger come together in a snap for a healthier meal than the drive-thru – with just as much appeal. We’ve mixed everything together for this recipe, but you can just as easily keep each component part separate so everyone can customize their own plates. Add extra vegetables if you’d like, use turkey instead of beef, try grilled chicken, or top with croutons as a stand-in for the “bun.” There’s no wrong way to make a cheeseburger salad!
1 lb. lean ground beef
1 tsp. salt (divided)
1/2 tsp. black pepper (divided)
1 tsp. garlic powder
5 cups shredded romaine lettuce
3 cups coleslaw mix
2 cups chopped tomato
1 1/2 cups diced pickles, sweet or dill (whatever your family prefers)
1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup plain yogurt
1/4 cup dijon mustard
1/4 cup honey
1. In a medium skillet, brown the ground beef, stirring frequently. Season with 1/2 tsp. of salt, 1/4 tsp. of pepper, and the garlic powder.
2. In a large bowl, combine the shredded lettuce, coleslaw mix, chopped tomatoes, pickles, and shredded cheese.
3. Whisk together the yogurt, mustard, and honey. Season with the remaining 1/2 tsp. of salt and 1/4 tsp. of pepper and mix thoroughly.
4. Toss the salad ingredients with the dressing until thoroughly combined.
5. Top the salad with the cooked ground beef and serve.