Dinner Tonight: July 2, 2019
Baked Veggie Quesadillas
This recipe originated with our friends at Recipe for Success. It’s a definite crowd-pleaser, comes together quickly, and can be personalized to suit any palate. Let each person assemble their own to cut down on the dinner preparation workload and dial up the fun!
- 6 7 – 8 ” whole wheat tortillas
- 1 ½ cup low – fat mozzarella, shredded
- 1 Green onion (scallion)
- 3 cups assorted mixed vegetables
- 1 tablespoon Extra virgin olive oil
- 1 cup low – fat sour cream
- 1 tablespoon Chopped fresh herb(s) of your choice
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- ½ teaspoon Salt
- ¼ teaspoon Pepper
- Clean and chop vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Add 1 tablespoon olive oil to a sauté pan over medium heat. Add the vegetables and sauté until they are just soft.
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Preheat oven to 400 °F. Lay 3 of the tortillas on a sheet pan.
- Chop scallions into small pieces.
- Evenly spread the mozzarella onto the tortillas.
- Sprinkle the sautéed veggies and chopped green onion over all 3 tortillas. Cover each tortilla with the remaining 3 tortillas .
- Place sheet pan in oven. Bake 5 minutes until tortillas are crisp and the cheese is melted.
- Place a quesadilla on a cutting board and cut into fourths.
- Mix the chopped herbs, sour cream, and lemon juice in a small bowl. Add salt and pepper to taste.
- Serve the quesadillas with the herbed sour cream as a dip and enjoy!