Dinner Tonight: January 18, 2016
Seared Pork Chops with Tomato Gravy
This recipe comes from Chef Anne Quatrano, via the America’s Sunday Suppers guide from our friends at Points of Light. Anne suggests serving with biscuits or cornbread for a Southern-style meal, but you could also serve this with rice.
- 1 quart (4 cups) canned tomatoes
- 6 pork chops
- 6 thick slices of bacon
- 1 sweet onion, diced in large squares
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a large skillet, render the bacon until it’s crispy. Remove and reserve.
- Brown the pork chops on both sides in the bacon grease.
- Remove all but 1-2 tablespoons of grease from the skillet. Add the onions and sweat until they’re translucent.
- Add the tomatoes and juices. Season with salt, pepper and sugar.
- Turn off the heat and add the reserved bacon back into the skillet.