Dinner Tonight: February 9, 2022
Tasty Italian Chicken
This recipe was provided by Cherokee Healthy Nation, from the Cherokee Public Health Cookbook.
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 boneless, skinless chicken breast halves, chopped
- 2 zucchini, chopped
- 1 red pepper, seeded and sliced
- 2 ¼ cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 clove garlic, diced
- 1 can chopped tomatoes with basil, garlic oregano
- 2 tablespoon Italian seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 4 ounces mozzarella or provolone cheese, thinly sliced
- Heat oil in pan. Add chicken and cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, until browned on both sides.
- Add the zucchini, pepper, mushrooms and garlic and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and herbs, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and mixture into a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with slices of cheese.
- Put dish under a preheated broiler and cook for 3 minutes or until the top is golden.