As its name implies, this dish is perfect for autumn, but you can serve it any season. The cranberries and apples will turn your chicken into a super sweet, healthy and refreshing meal. A perfect one-pan wonder! Thanks to Chef Robin for the recipe.
- Put cranberries, sugar and orange juice in a saucepan over medium heat. Stir and let come to boil.
- Take off stove when all the berries are burst and the sauce is thick. Set aside.
- Put about 2 tsp. of canola oil in saute pan. Cook the apples till soft. To speed this process, add 2 Tbsp. of water to pan and cover.
- When apples are soft, remove pan lid and cook off the water.
- Gently stir cooked apples into cranberry sauce.
- In the same saute pan, add 2 Tbsp. oil. Mix flour, thyme and salt and pepper in a bowl, then dredge the chicken pieces in seasoned flour. Heat the saute pan, then cook the chicken pieces. Chicken MUST be cooked to internal temperature of 165 degrees—test with a thermometer in the thickest part of the meat.
- Top chicken with cranberry sauce mixed with cooked apple slices and serve with a whole grain such as brown rice or whole wheat couscous. Please taste everything before serving as the cranberry sauce is quite tart, and you may prefer it a bit sweeter.