These easy-to-assemble bites are a fun and flavorful remake of a family dinner classic! You can serve them just as they are, or pop them on top of a bed of rice and beans, serve over a salad, or wrap in tortillas with lettuce and tomato for dinner on the go.
1 lb. ground chicken (you can also use lean ground turkey)
2 large eggs
1/4 cup prepared salsa of your choice
1/2 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
1/2 cup dry breadcrumbs
1 tsp. salt, divided
1 Haas avocado
6 tablespoons plain yogurt
1. Preheat your oven to 400 degrees. Lightly grease a baking sheet and set aside.
2. In a medium bowl, beat the eggs and salsa together until thoroughly combined. Add the ground chicken, cheddar cheese, breadcrumbs and 1/2 tsp. of salt and mix until everything is evenly incorporated.
3. Shape the mixture into ping pong ball-sized meatballs (you should get approximately 18). Set the meatballs on the prepared baking sheet.4. Bake the meatballs at 400 degrees for 15-20 minutes, just until lightly browned and cooked through.
5. While the meatballs are baking, combine the avocado, yogurt, and 1/2 tsp. of salt. Blend with a regular blender or hand-held immersion blender until smooth.
6. Serve the meatballs with the avocado dip.