Dinner Tonight: December 16, 2022
Hot Stuff Casserole
This recipe is provided by Cherokee Healthy Nation, from the Cherokee Public Health Cookbook.
- 1 pound extra lean ground beef
- 1 can Rotel tomatoes
- 1 small can tomato sauce
- ¼ teaspoon Chili powder
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- ¼ teaspoon basil
- 1 small package wide noodles (12 oz)
- 1 cup low fat sour cream
- 1 pkg fat free cream cheese, 3 ounces, at room temperature
- 1 tablespoon chives
- ½ cup cheddar cheese, reduced fat
- Brown ground beef. Drain off the fat.
- Add Rotel tomatoes, tomato sauce, sugar, salt, chili powder, and basil. Simmer for 20 minutes.
- Cook noodles according to package directions.
- Mix sour cream, cream cheese, and chives.
- In casserole dish sprayed with Pam, layer 1/2 noodles, cream cheese mixture, then the meat mixture. Repeat layers.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 20 minutes. Sprinkle cheddar cheese on top and return to oven until cheese has melted.