These burgers are a fun twist on a classic family favorite! You can easily omit the cheese stuffing for anyone who prefers their burgers plain. 10-year-old Neala ranked this as the #1 family dinner that makes her smile after a long day at school!
- Preheat a grill, grill pan or griddle.
- In a small bowl, combine the garlic powder, salt and pepper.
- In a large bowl, mix the ground beef with half of the seasoning mix.
- Divide the ground beef into four equal portions. Shape each into a ball.
- Use your thumb to make an indentation in each ball. Place 1 tablespoon of your desired cheese in each indentation, then carefully shape the meat around it so the cheese is completely encased inside the ball of meat.
- Flatten each ball and shape into a patty.
- Sprinkle the remaining seasoning mix evenly over the patties.
- Grill the burgers for 3-4 minutes per side for medium rare. Allow them to rest for a few minutes before serving.
- Serve the burgers on your favorite buns with lettuce, sliced tomato, and condiments of your choice!