Dinner Tonight: April 11, 2017
Quick Trick Chicken Tacos
The perfect dinner for a rushed evening, these chicken tacos are packed with vegetables and take only minutes to cook. Try adding different vegetables like zucchini or tomatoes and vary your toppings for an endless parade of options.
- 1 lb. boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tsp. salt
- 1/2 tsp. pepper
- 1 medium onion, thinly sliced
- 1 large sweet bell pepper, sliced into strips
- 1 cup fresh or frozen corn kernels
- 3/4 cup prepared salsa of your choice
- Juice of 1 lime
- Flour tortillas, for serving
- Shredded lettuce and sliced avocado (optional) for topping
- Heat the olive oil in a large skillet over medium-high heat.
- Add the chicken strips and sprinkle with salt and pepper. Cook until browned on one side, about 3 minutes.
- Flip the chicken over and add the onions and bell pepper strips to the pan. Cook, stirring occasionally, for another 2-3 minutes, until the vegetables begin to soften slightly.
- Add the corn and salsa to the pan. Stir well, cover and simmer for 5 minutes.
- Remove from the heat, stir in the lime juice and serve in flour tortillas, with avocado and shredded lettuce.