This recipe was provided by the Onondaga Cornell Cooperative Extension, from the United Way of Central New York WIC Cookbook.
- 8 cups low-sodium chicken or vegetable stock
- 1 pound bag fresh or frozen chopped spinach
- 4 medium carrots, grated or thinly sliced (~2 cups)
- 1 onion, chopped (~1 cup)
- 2 cloves garlic, chopped
- 2 tablespoons fresh parsley, chopped
- Black pepper and thyme to taste
- 1 pound bag frozen tortellini
- Freshly grated Parmesan cheese
- Heat the stock to a boil.
- Add the spinach, carrots, onions, garlic, and parsley.
- Add pepper and thyme as desired. Let simmer for 15 minutes.
- Add tortellini and simmer for another 3 minutes. (Do not OVERCOOK tortellini!!) Serve immediately.
- Top with Parmesan cheese.