This recipe is from the Mom’s Network of Walla Walla, via our friend Beth Swanson!
- 4 T. butter
- 1.5c chopped onion
- 1 medium green pepper, diced
- ½ c chopped broccoli
- 2.5c water or chicken stock
- 2c milk
- ½ c sour cream
- 1 bay leaf
- Dash of allspice, thyme or basil
- Saute onions in butter with bay leaf.
- Add green pepper, broccoli and stock/water. Cook about 10 minutes covered.
- Put in blender and puree little by little with milk. Texture should be smooth.
- Whisk in sour cream and seasoning.