This recipe was submitted to us by Kathy Elder, a teacher and family dinner advocate from Evansville, Indiana.
- Place chicken breasts in a large pot with the taco seasoning, water, salsa and one can of tomatoes with chiles. Bring to a boil, reduce to a simmer, and cook until the chicken is cooked through (about 20 minutes).
- Remove the chicken from the liquid, shred with two forks, and set aside.
- Bring the liquid in the pot back to a boil and allow it to reduce for 5-10 minutes. Add the remaining ingredients, season with salt and pepper, and cook for 30-40 minutes.
- Taste and adjust seasonings as desired. If you want a slightly thicker chili, you can remove some of the beans and mash them before adding back to the pot.
- Stir in the reserved chicken and serve.