Budget Friendly Recipe
This recipe is from the Arizona Nutrition Network and appears on Eat Well, Be Well.
- Wash hands with warm water and soap. Wash fresh vegetables before preparing.
- Stir-fry cubed chicken breast in 1 tablespoon vegetable oil in non-stick skillet until browned and cooked (at least 165 °F). Remove from skillet.
- Stir-fry onion, carrots, and basil in same skillet until carrots are tender.
- Stir in pea pods and water and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
- Remove from heat and stir in apple.
- Combine apple mixture to chicken and serve hot over cooked rice.