Budget Friendly Recipe
This recipe was provided by Cherokee Healthy Nation, from the Cherokee Public Health Cookbook.
- Heat oil in pan. Add chicken and cook over medium heat for about 3-5 minutes, until browned on both sides.
- Add the zucchini, pepper, mushrooms and garlic and sauté for another 3 minutes.
- Stir in the tomatoes and herbs, bring to a boil, lower heat and simmer for 2 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Place chicken and mixture into a baking dish that has been sprayed with non-stick cooking spray. Top with slices of cheese.
- Put dish under a preheated broiler and cook for 3 minutes or until the top is golden.