This recipe was provided by the Onondaga Cornell Cooperative Extension, from the United Way of Central New York WIC Cookbook.
1. Cook ziti according to instructions. Drain.
2. Brown beef and onion in fry pan. Drain fat.
3. Add cottage cheese, Parmesan cheese, egg, salt, and pepper to ground beef, stir in one-half of spaghetti sauce.
4. Add ziti and toss to coat.
5. Pour into baking dish. Pour rest of sauce over ziti mixture. Sprinkle with mozzarella cheese.
6. Bake at 350°F until hot and bubbly. Let set for 10 minutes before serving.