This recipe is a favorite dessert for the Earl family of This Star Won’t Go Out. They note that if you have any peanut allergy concerns in your family, you can substitute another type of nut or seed butter, or use a traditional Rice Krispie treat recipe as the basis for your crust.
- Allow your ice cream to soften at room temperature for 20-30 minutes.
- While the ice cream is softening, mix the peanut butter and corn syrup thoroughly.
- Add the rice krispie cereal to the peanut butter mixture and stir until fully combined.
- Press the mixture into a pie plate and freeze for 5-10 minutes to set.
- Scoop the softened ice cream into the prepared crust and smooth to fill the crust evenly.
- Freeze until firm. Serve with your favorite ice cream toppings!