This recipe came to us from blogger Bevin Wallace of Real Life Delicious. Bevin notes that you can vary the vegetables and seasonings you use, but this version is a fast and tasty way to get a balanced meal on the table.
- 12 chicken drumsticks
- 1 bunch Brussels sprouts, trimmed (and halved if they’re big)
- 1/2 head cauliflower, cut into small florets
- 3-4 carrots, peeled and cut into bite-size pieces
- 3 tbs. olive oil, divided
- Pinch fresh thyme
- Salt & pepper
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees.
- Put the veggies in a large bowl and toss with about 2 tbs. oil. Spread on a large rimmed sheet pan. Sprinkle with salt & pepper and thyme.
- Place chicken legs on top of vegetables, preferably with the drumsticks not touching each other. Drizzle or brush with about 1 tbs. oil and lightly sprinkle salt & pepper over the top.
- Bake for 30 mins. and check on the pan. You may need to turn it or move some of the veggies around to keep the ones on the edges from getting too crispy.
- Bake for another 10-15 mins. until chicken skin is lightly browned and the meat is cooked though.