Clancy Harrison, dietitian, gave us this recipe for easy pork tacos that are made with a basic pulled pork recipe that can be reinvented into dozens of different meals!
- 1 lb slow cooker pulled pork
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 cups onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeño pepper, seeded and chopped (optional)
- 1/2 cup pork broth from cooking
- 1/2 cup chopped tomato
- 3 tablespoons chopped cilantro (optional)
- 2 1/2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 8 (6-inch) flour tortillas
- Cook pork in slow cooker on medium for 8 hours or until done. Remove pork from slow cooker and set aside.
- In a skillet, add onion and jalapeño to pan and sauté 5 minutes over medium heat. Add broth; reduce heat and simmer for 1 minute.
- Stir in tomato and pork. Cook for 2-3 minutes.
- Stir in cilantro and lime juice and remove from heat.
- Spoon 1/2 cup pork mixture into each tortilla and top with fresh cilantro.